An electrical fire in an efficiency apartment in Middletown recently left the apartment’s occupant temporarily homeless but unhurt, according to a recent article released by PennLive.com.
The fire broke out on Sunday morning, December 26 in the 200 block of Main Street in a detached efficiency apartment, according to Middletown fire officials. The Middletown Fire Company and other fire departments arrived at the scene shortly after the 9:40 a.m. call reporting the fire. Unfortunately, the apartment and detached garage of which it was a part were both destroyed.
Fire department officials say that the fire began in a wall near the base of the apartment and burned the walls and floor. The fire appears to have been started by an electrical fault, although the fire department’s investigators did not say whether the fire might have been the result of faulty wiring or other construction work.
The resident of the apartment was not home when the fire started. Red Cross volunteers helped him find new shelter and replace some necessary possessions.
Fire can cause extensive damage to a home and severe injury to those within. When a home is destroyed or a family member is injured by a fire, the costs of rebuilding your life can be astronomical. Individuals injured in fires caused by defective products, mistakes in electrical wiring, or errors during home construction may be able to seek compensation from negligent parties for medical bills and other damages.
If you have been injured in a fire, please don’t hesitate to contact the experienced Pennsylvania personal injury attorneys at Cherry Fieger & Marciano, LLP. We will examine your case carefully and answer any questions about your legal rights and options. For a free and confidential consultation, call Cherry Fieger & Marciano, LLP today at 1-888-684-7192.